Friday, July 29, 2011

Wild Hair

Growing up, I remember hearing the expression "they must have a wild hair" when someone was talking about a person doing something crazy. I always imagined a lady with her smooth, straight hair pulled back into a tight bun, and then there would be one absolutely crazy spring-like curl sticking up out of her head.

Then I realized ALL MY HAIR IS WILD HAIR. So I don't even need an excuse for anything I do.

My fro at 8 years old:



This morning I was reminded, by my hair, that it does indeed have a mind of its own, and that it is all 100% wild.

____________________________________

Speaking of hair, it has been a year since I chopped it off in a moment of desperation (well, I technically got my brother to do the official 'chopping'). For future reference: Don't make major choices about your appearance when your mother is in the hospital. It all turned out ok, thankfully.

I went from this:



To this:



It's well on its way to being long again. It sits on my shoulders right now when it's straightened, which is exciting.

No comments: