Monday, July 25, 2011

Well then.

One week till my birthday. My my my, my my my, my oh my.
____________________________________

Speaking of birthdays, Saturday night was a friend's birthday party. He was having a Star Wars costume party. I spent the morning rigging up a version of Padme's 'packing' gown from Episode II. It turned out pretty well, if I may say so myself.

The Original:



My version (photo courtesy of Josh's iphone):



(Padme, Count Dooku, Boba Fett, and Han Solo - not sure why we all look so short . . .)

I didn't have any silver ribbons, so the sleeves weren't gathered in that awesome way like the original, but I was ok with that. And I sewed the beads onto the front panel during a car ride with my mom that afternoon, and while it isn't exactly the same, I think it works. I had determined to spend no money on the outfit and use materials I already had. It looks Star Wars-esque-spacey enough. It was a lovely night.

Before I left for the party, my niece said, "Oh! If they have Star Wars cookies bring me one!" To which I replied:
"There won't be Star Wars cookies. I don't even think those exist."

I was proven VERY wrong:



____________________________________

My good friend Cayla took me out for a pre-birthday birthday dinner last night and we got to sit for a few hours and catch up, which was WONDERFUL.

No comments: