Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bon Iver


Sooo, back to the Chronicles of Meiska:

Where did we leave off? Oh yes, a quote from Bon Iver's Holocene.

The reason I chose to quote Bon Iver yesterday was because I was going to see him at the Ryman that night! I couldn't say anything 'officially', though, because I bought Josh a ticket for his birthday (which is in August) and he had no idea! I loooove surprises. And he was surprised.

Bon Iver was wonderful, and the Ryman was the perfect venue to experience the music live (of course). His music is all misty-dim-sparkling.

My one complaint about the show: too many guys wearing plaid. Bleh.

Setlist:

Perth
Minnesota, WI
Holocene
Towers
Creature Fear
Team
Beach Baby
Hinnom, TX
Wash.
Blood Bank
If Hollywood Don't Need You
(Don Williams cover)
Re: Stacks
Calgary
Beth/Rest
For Emma

Encore:
Flume
The Wolves (Act I and II)
Skinny Love
(Unplugged)


Disappointed that we didn't hear this one, but we listened to it over and over in the car on the way home:





Afterwards was coffee and bagels at Cafe Coco, of course.

P.S. Don't worry Ryman: I'll be back on the 6th to visit you for The Decemberists.

No comments: