Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Moonday Mystery Malady



(That's me hallucinating about sharing cough syrup with the moon)

So, yesterday, Moonday, I spent sick. I woke up with a sore throat out of no-where, still went running at 5:30 am, and then stumbled through the day as my head became foggier and foggier, but as soon as 3:00 rolled around, it got much worse. I got my mom to drive me to the rite-aid because I didn't think I could drive (it's right down the street). I lay in the super warm bathtub, took lots of medicine, drank iced unsweet Passion tea, and watched French films until I fell asleep. For being deathly-ill, it was a pretty good set of things to be doing. But where did I get this random cold? I felt perfectly fine before! Gah. During my drug-induced sleep last night, I dreamed that I was watching the sky to see lightning strikes, and as soon as they happened, I would fly over, take this giant golden needle with a string on it and stab the lightning with it. I was threading bits of lightning together (for some reason). That's all I remember.

Ah Tuesday: I'm still sick. Hopefully I can get rid of it today, I have lots of packing to be doing, and lots of painting to finish.

____________________________________

Also concerning the moon:

"Sometimes you remind me of a moonbeam,
Or the ghost of a moonbeam out on the beach,"
Bob Schneider 40 Dogs

and

"Tonight, the moon is playing tricks again
I'm feeling seasick again.
The whole world could just dissolve
Into a glass of water."
U2 If You Wear That Velvet Dress

and

"You'd put the moon in a basket on your bike front by the coast
The way your face lit up in pale grief, you were a ghost"

Robert Francis Junebug
(one of the greatest songs)

No comments: