Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4.17.2012

Got to meet our friends' KB and Bru's new baby, Rooster. He's precious.
Then we got coffee and went to Otto's house for a while before the show, which is always nice.

Off to the show!
(There's always an odd crowd here, that makes me want to leave . .. but we stayed through my favorite song.)
(The Boxer Rebellion)
Best song: Both Sides Are Even
_____________________


I wish that when I wrote poetry, it wasn't so blasted dependent on specific details. If I post half of what I wrote, it would make my life so awkward, because everyone would know what current events I was referring to. And if I made it more ambiguous, it would lose its meaning altogether. The past isn't an issue, I feel like I can say whatever I want to there because it is quite done, but I'm afraid of upsetting delicate balances between the revelation of everyday interaction with people and the way my mind is interpreting that interaction. Does that make sense? What to do? Who knows.

No comments: