Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dear Graduate School,

Why do you always hang around and then tell me you will be fun and exciting when I get over-filled with the mundane-ness of life?

To go or not to go? That is the question. Here are some more questions:

Do I want to spend 2-3 years of my life studying painting? I wouldn't mind it.
Do I want to spend 2-3 years of my life in a town where I see no real future for myself? No.
Do I want to spend 2-3 years of my life with out my communities? No.
Am I opposed to new communities? No, I just love mine too much to desert them.
Do I want to return to the town I love at the age of 28-29 and start all over? No.
Do I want an MFA in painting? Yes.
Will I ever use it? Who knows.
Could I do it and drive back to Nashville like once a month? Possibly . . .

No comments: