Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Birthday!

I turned 25 on Monday, you know.

My mom got me a copy of the mini-series 'The Duchess of Duke Street' and a lovely antique necklace.

Necklace:


Then I went off to work. At work they sang to me and decorated my office with a banner.

Banner:


I loved getting texts, facebook messages and emails on my birthday. I have so many wonderful people in my life, and that's what birthdays confirm. That and the fact that you are aging.

Anyways.

After work, Mom and Gabe and I went out to Carrabba's to get yummy and healthy Tag Pic Pac.

Tag Pic Pac:


Then in the final hours of my birthday, me and that-other-Leo went out to The School (which is in the middle of nowhere) and watched the Perseid Meteor shower. SO MANY STARS! And several of them dancing about and performing disappearing acts. So many wishing opportunities! Even better than a cake with 25 candles. I told Josh that it was 'like watching fireflies being smeared on the windshield of the cosmos'. He laughed. We became sleepy, and in the 'swampy August dawn' we drove home.

And that was my birthday. I loved it.

No comments: