Thursday, December 23, 2004

Guess what bestowed itself upon my eyes!

After I got my child ( just kidding, but she may as well be!) Arianna(my niece) ready to go out and play in the snow, I went out to take pictures of her. When I did my eyes lighted upon a guy, about 15 or 16, walking out in the snow. Why is that strange you say? Well, he had on shorts, a tee shirt, and flip-flops and he was Korean, says Alex, my neighbour, who also witnessed this heinous atrocity. We stared in shocked horror as he walked by our house and stopped in front of Tamara's house. There he proceded to take his very warm flip-flops off and dance about in the puddle by her mailbox. We continued to stare in dazed horror, and then suddenly I began laughing, which led to us all laughing. Then I suggested to Gabe that he ask him to sled with us, as we have the steepest back yard around and everyone comes here to sled. When finally got out of the puddle and walked back by, barefooted, Gabe said,"Hey man, do you want to sled with us?" To which he replied,"Naa." and took off running up the street, barefoot. If you've ever been to my house, you know my street is extemely steep, and is called Hilltop Road for that reason. How he made it up with out falling is beyond me. Don't you agree in thinking that he was insane!

2 comments:

Eucharisto said...

Wow, that's an interesting story...Has some of our Colorado snow carried over to Tennessee? Yes, indeed, I agree he was insane, but of course there's always the story of Peter Jackson, who felt no opposition to stepping in the snow...barefoot...on a mountain at eleven thousand feet! He was even wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Of course, he wears shorts and t-shirts everywhere he goes, and often times is also barefooted. A real character.

Sky said...

Wow! I wish I would have been there. That sounds really, really, really interesting. I want to go sleding. But at my royal estate where would one find a place to sled? I am shocked he got up there without falling. The one time I walked up, I almost fell. But, you got to go sleding, you are one lucky monkey!!!