Tuesday, May 08, 2012

5.7.2012; or "MeiskaEatsDinnerWithCarnevorsWhoDon'tRealizeShe'sAVegetarian"

                               Here come the clouds, drifting through like parade balloons.
                               Here are the clouds, swirling around in my backyard.


I made some green beans when I got home, and they were yummy. Gabe asked me if I wanted to hang out with he and Otto, so I did. When we got there, Sharon had made us a beef stew-ish dish for dinner. I don't say anything and carefully push the beef aside and pick out the vegetables, which she told us were all fresh and organic (so yummy). About halfway through the meal, Otto looks over at my plate and horror spreads over his face as he exclaims, "MEISKA! YOU'RE A VEGETARIAN! I'M SO SORRY!"
I laugh alot at this point.
Poor Sharon felt so bad, but I told her it was ok, that I've lived for years and years in a very meat-happy family who didn't have much patience for my vegetarian-ness at the dinner table (they made concessions when they could).
It was a good night.

No comments: