Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oh, you look so beautiful tonight

I'm quite in love with my new house, and the good evenings we've been having there.
Last night was perhaps the most beautiful weather I've ever experienced. In my car of the way home I was whispering sweet nothings to the sky and taking photos (it's a miracle I made it home).
Tanya had made an AMAZING dinner for us all- tag pic pac, asparagus, and scallops. I love her and her desire to share her talents with us all.
(Photo by Gabe) So Gabe, Tanya, Karie, Christopher and I sat on the deck and ate this wonderful meal, prepared by this wonderful friend, and looked to the wonderful sky.
All around us brewed bluesy storms, lightning danced in a circle, but we were in a golden pocket of peace. Our faces were all golden, our trees were golden. I was made quite silly by the Midas kissed light and ran from the front porch to the back deck to see the view on both side of the house.
Finally the storm reached us, but it was a merciful rain, not the hail that many of our friends experienced. When the storm passed, it left behind a trail of rich-rainbow-dewey sky before evening fell.

No comments: