Friday, March 23, 2012

3.20-22.2012

Tanya made this Banana Bread to mark the arrival of Spring. She really is the best cook I've ever known, and thank god, she's my room mate.
These are the steps you go up to get into our house, and when they are wet, they are treacherous.
Gabe made this chair and it's now living on our deck.
The next day I drove out to Hartsville to get my friend Cayla to do my hair, it's quite copper-golden-bright now.
We ordered dinner from a restaurant around the corner and feasted while my hair was turning 400 shades lighter.
On the way back I stopped by the church where I grew up and attended school to see my brothers and some other friends playing basketball. Oh nostalgia.
Last night I got to go straight home (I've been going to my parent's house all week to make them dinner and get the kids going on their homework while mom is recovering from her surgery) and even though I wanted to plant all my new ranunculus, the skies denied my plans and poured rain on the pollen-enflamed city (highest pollen count on Wednesday for all time!!!). So Gabe, Tanya and I moved deep into the city to have dinner.
The city sparkled as if it were Christmas-time. It wore its Sunday best on a Thursday evening.

No comments: