Monday, March 26, 2012

3.23-25.2012; or, A Decidedly Green Weekend

Friday night I went to a movie with my friend Anca. I didn't really like the movie, and I cried my eyes out during it, while Anca laughed at me crying, and the stranger to my right patted my hand.

When I got to my house, Gabe and our friend Ben were on the front porch talking. It was a good, warm night outside and the entire scene was decidedly Southern. Heaven knows this is a heartland.

The next morning I woke up before the bees to dig out some more flower beds. I met this friend:

And this friend:

And discovered that our mystery bush is a honeysuckle!

Once the bees came out, I retreated into the house and made breakfast for Gabe, Ben, and myself. We ate eggs and freshly baked croissants while watching videos about how unconstitutional our federal government is. It was a very successful morning.
After Ben headed home, Gabe and I started working on some house-settling. We went in our basement and found the piano bench. I played some Bach.

And worked on designing my bookshelves. I may or may not have fallen asleep during that conversation.

We went to my parents' house and snatched up my couch and desk and some shelves. We finally have a couch!
Sunday morning, Tanya made us breakfast. She never ceases to amaze me. Her french toast was lovely, and she said she hadn't 'perfected' it yet. I wanted to tell her that if it was more perfect, I would die.
We went to the Farmer's Market, which I had never done before, and that was fun.

Apparently I was exhausted, because I fell asleep again at 4:00 and slept until 7:50, just in time to wake up and walk out on my deck and see FIREFLIES!!! ON MARCH 25!!! This is the earliest they've come out. I was so happy to see them. Even amid these raptures, I remembered I was about to be late for something very important! I rushed around, got ready and went to a party to watch the Season 5 premiere of MADMEN! Two whole hours! Gabe, Heather, and Otto were the perfect group to watch it with. And it was a good thing I took that massive nap, because we sat on the deck of his music-row cottage and talked until 2 am. Good. Rich. Alive.
But now I'm sleepy.

No comments: