Friday, February 17, 2012

Last night I tried to sneak up on sleep, sort of ninja-attack it. In my black pajamas, listening to Gotye, I sipped tea and stared at the patterns of light my beaded lamp was creating. Sleep is an evasive thing, and it descends upon you only when it decides to. My tactics weren't working so I wandered to my desk, hoping the glare of the computer would make me sleepy (it seems to at work . . .). It didn't. It only made my brain wander down 5.7 billion other paths-all leading away from sleep. I took some pictures, dressed as the ninja of sleep:
Even dressed as the ninja of sleep, I was wide awake. So I sat in my cozy bed and read by the light of the lamp and the next thing I knew it was Friday morning. Sleep is the sneakiest. I guess my mind is just full, spilling over. I'm excited about moving downtown. I'm excited about Spring. I'm giddy about the possibilities. I've finally, after two years of working, gotten into a good rhythm/balance with work and life. I'm excited about seeing one of my best friends, Aimee, while she's home from Lebanon this Summer, and seeing the West Coast again. I'm glad I can go running again. I'm excited that it's almost thunder-storm season here in the Heart-land. And for each of these good things, they come with their own worries, and I'm good at worrying, so what I need is: Peace.

No comments: