Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Well it was stuck in my head!

The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
P. Simon, 1966

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy
Ba da da da da da da, feeling groovy

Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot doo doo, feeling groovy
Ba da da da da da da, feeling groovy

I got no deeds to do
No promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life I love you, all is groovy



I love this song and I've been singing it all day long, even during Sociology! SO if it's not stuck in your head, go find it and listen to it because it's just plain happy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, woman, give me a really good definition of GROOVY.

Why said...

That song does sound very happy (I listened to it on iTunes) and I could see how it could get stuck in your head.

Queen Mum said...

Slow down, you move too fast.....


I remember singing that while doing housework when you were little....do you remember?