Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ello!!! (Ding! Ding!)


Ello all! I 've just returned from a merry bicycle ride through merry Lebanon! Yesterday, I rode up to the old military school, Castle Heights, to draw some of those buildings.(When I'm done, I'll put them up here.) Anyways, my bicycle is a green and shiny Schwinn from the sixties, and I am madly in love with it! However, I became aggravated at it when I (finally) reached the square and I couldn't get my lock to work! Grr! But in the end, I had a lovely hour-long ride and saw lots of beautiful homes that I am going to draw.

Oh yeah, and that's my new hat!

6 comments:

Katie said...

That's a FABULOUS hat!

Queen Mum said...

You have always been so cute in hats. Good to hear that you are getting out and about. Love you.

Meiska said...

Katie, you have no idea!

Thanks Mum!

Nunzia said...

wow... what a hat!

Andrew Price said...

There's something empowering about a bike ride, isn't there? I'm trying to decide on a name for my bike at present.

Which do you think, Windy or Wendy? I'm naming it after a horse I bonded with at camp (I sat on her twice) but I don't know the exact spelling of the horse's name. These are the sorts of things that occupy my mind, you see.

Splendid hat by the way! A wonderful addition to your wardrobe.

THE END (KIND OF).

(Say, would you be willing to post the promised sketches to you-know-where? To help give it (the blog) some life? You can talk as much or as little about the drawings as you want. I just would like to see something of yours there.)

Meiska said...

Sorry it took so long on the 'Sketchbook', my computer doesn't have a connection to wireless at home, and it really doesn't like it when I post pics.!

Now that it is 50 degrees everyday, I don't know how often I'll get to ride my blessed green bike! (Whaa!) I still haven't figured out a name for mine. But if I were you, I'd go with the thought that 'Windy' wouldn't have been a very good name for a horse. But then again, it would probably work well for a bike, you know, like it 'runs like the wind' or something. Maybe. Who knows? Maybe Windy would be nice!?

The Ruby Tuesday resturant here has a bicycle just like yours on the wall. Weird!