Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Day in the Life...

Cumberland... Let's recap the day, shall we?
BEEP BEEP BEEP!!! I awake to my VERY annoying alarm clock, wondering ( there I go again) why my feet are sticking out from under my covers, because I simply can not sleep without at least one blanket cacooned all about me, now that it is fall (sigh). I don't take too long to ponder that for fear of my clock waking my next door neighbor, who is obsessed with wizards (not that that is important, it's just interesting). In ONE fell swoop, leap, descent, and dive, I fly from my bed and smack the clock. It's six, time to rise and whine, uhh, I mean, shine. He he, oh. Anyway, then I have my devotions. This usually takes about 30-45 minutes and is crucial to my surviving the day! Always, always, always there is a verse I read that applies itself with flashing notice signs to a situation later that day. Today it was Pslam 32:8 ( one of my favorites, it's even on my concrete wall) : "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye." This verse really encouraged me today. I have been kinda sad of late, I mean, Cumberland doesn't have the largest 'scope for imagination' ever, neither does it have the largest body of believers. In fact, it often seems I am the only one, like a missionary to a foreign land. Does this make sense? Anyway, I say all that to say that it doesn't matter. The God that created this entire universe and could just as easily destroy it, loves me and will guide and instruct me. Me, as insignificant to the grand scheme as I am. It's amazing, and I could never hope to fully understand it.
SO, after that minor revelation, I went to breakfast and consumed 4 pieces of stale canteloupe ( and tea). Yummy. I fear I shall waste away eventually! Woe is me! ( Ok, what did you expect, I just got back from the theatre!) Then, I spilt cranberry juice all over my Yellow Submarine shirt, which was, you guessed it, yellow. What makes this so great is that I had a speech to give! HA! I just laughed at it, I don't know why I didn't go right back to my room and change, but I thought it was so funny!
Off, to english, to read and discuss (yuck) essays written by feminists, how exciting. Then to Anthropology, where we watch an hour long video about tattoos, though I can't tell you why on earth we did. Next came..... SPEECH! Which went very well, even with the stain. Then I grabbed a piece of pizza and some 'summer berry' tea and went for a walk. I considered going to the library, but I can see it now:
"Have you got anything new?!"
" Not since yesterday!!!!" Just like on Beauty and the Beast. Except Belle left with one book. I left with enough huge books to cause the librarian to say, " Wow! It looks like you looked for every large book in the building and grabbed it!" Maybe I did?!
So I opted to stroll around. The campus is very lovely, but there are no flowers. I am in the process of begging the president to let me plant some. So I was strolling along, then I realized, "Oh, It's time for History!" I rushed to my room and got my book and was in my seat in under three minutes, and that was after I entered a psycology class in progress, so that must be a record!
After all my classes were over , I came back and finished my costume for my sunday school class party. We're dressing up like characters from musicals. I bet you can't guess who I'm going as! Christine from the Phantom of the Opera! So I have a huge poofy pink dress with a bustle and everything, and a red velvet cape that I just finished today. It is the same dress she has on during the Masquerade. Then I dicovered that Kevin max is coming to Bongo Java to have a concert and did a happy dance! I also danced about my room to the groovalicious tunes of Nat King Cole and Mary Poppins on my record player, trying to block out the band playin right outside my window and Mr Murphy screaming at them, " STOP! THAT'S LESS THAN MAGICAL!!!!" I wonder what he considers magical? I then went to the cafeteria to find some broccoli to eat ( it was my only choice, and I didn't feel like tea with broccoli).
Then comes the best part of the day, which is normally the hours spent in the theatre, but today it was the FCA meeting! Tonight was the first night I attended the meeting and I loved it! There were only about ten of us, but we sang and prayed and heard a short, but quite relevant, message from Pastor Cook. It was about the difference betwixt beief and faith, using Rom 10:17 and Heb. 11:1. It was great! But best of all, I found the other Christians here, even if there were only ten! Of course, there are, I hope, more that go to church elsewhere on Wed. nights. But we had a blessed-ly wonderful time.
From there I walked to the theatre to talk to Doc about measuring for costumes. That wasn't too exciting.
Now we find me sitting upon my 'princess-and-the-pea' bed typing up a storm to make up for lost time. As long as this post is, it may make up for future time too! Anyway, that's all, and thanks for listening to the thoughts of a poor, lonely art student! I'm off to bed, or better yet, to read my Byron, Keats, and Shelley book that smells like an attic. Good night, God bless, and may you all dream lovely dreams!
"She walks in beauty like the night....."

8 comments:

Why said...

That is one long day in the life an art student such as yourself.

tess said...

Ah, more college!

Why said...

Thank you Queen of Arts and England, for this peek into your day. It was a treat! And may God bless the socks off you as you seek to do His will. (Hmm... was that the lamest benediction ever? MAYBE. It's midnight here and I just got back from Seattle so maybe I should try commenting again tomorrow with something more coherent!

I think I will! Goodnight!

Andrew Price said...

Darn that whole "using same computers" thing; that's me up there petitioning God to bless your laundry.

I can't really think of anything else to say, so I guess that's about as eloquent as they come.

Meiska said...

It's ok, I knew it was you and it was coherent enough. I'll be sure to pass that along to my laundry!

Andrew Price said...

You knew it was me? I must have a VERY UNIQUE writing style! Eh?

Katie said...

You are taking me back to my college days. They are exhausting but O so very fun! I'm glad you found some fellow followers of the way. I hope they encourage you. My does this bring back memories. You'll find making your own food is the only way you'll survive! :-) They say you gain the freshman fifteen... I lost fifteen due to unedible food.

Meiska said...

My friends at the BCM are very much an encouragement, and as for the food, I'll have the same problem as you, it seems. It's hard enough for a vegetarian to find food, much less here!YUCKY!