Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday thoughts.

I'm trying to make a very serious dance playlist for the Ball. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. Here's the problem(s):
1. There's too much good music
2. I can dance to anything

How am I supposed to know what everyone else wants to dance English Country Dances to? (English Country Dance are the sort of dance one sees in Jane Austen movie adaptations) Sheesh, I hope I can figure out a list before 5 o'clock tomorrow that has less than 20 songs on it. . .

___________________________________

My little baby nephew, Ricky, is turning 8 tomorrow. Mercy, time doesn't know how to slow down. Not a bit.
___________________________________

I'm so excited that I've made all the fairycakes for the Ball from scratch! I AM A DOMESTIC GODDESS! The ones with the strawberries in them are the best. Oh. Yum.

___________________________________

You change all the lead sleeping in my head to gold
As the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn
It's the song I've been trying to sing...

Purify the colors, purify my mind
Purify the colors, purify my mind
And spread the ashes of the colors over this heart of mine!


From Arcade Fire's Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)

No comments: