Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Of late.

I hate hot weather.

Anyways, my little baby brother, Luke, is quite married. It's funny that the youngest of the four of us is married first, at 21 (Rachel is 34, I'm 24, and Gabe is 22). The wedding was so lovely. We danced. SO MUCH! I have to say, that as a single (white) lady, dancing to Beyonce's Single Ladies was a highlight of the evening. I remember at one point Chelsey and I were getting our groove on and when we realized how ridiculous we were being we just started laughing so hard we almost fell over. I am so excited to be able to call Chelsey my sister. They are honeymooning it up in St Augustine, FL. They have my camera, so I can't post pictures of the Over the Rhine show or the wedding until they get home.

The Over the Rhine show was great, by the way. So wonderful. But no songs from Drunkard's Prayer.

I had my first experience with a spray tan, and while it looked great for the first couple of days, it didn't end well. Thankfully the wedding was in those first couple of days. And thankfully, all traces of its existence are now gone. I am not meant to be tan, but I was going to be in the wedding with only super tan people and I was wearing a pretty revealing dress, so the tan had to happen, or else pictures would have looked hilarious.

There has been lots of night swimming going on at my parent's house lately, which is always delicious.

And lots of movies! This week we have seen Chocolat (my fave), The Switch, The Tourist, X:Men First Class, which was great, Secret Window, which was among the worst movies ever (even with the sublime Johnny Depp), Badlands at the Belcourt, which was also great (and we ran into Jack White there).

So much goodness.

Gabe and I are driving our friend Christopher up to his college in Indiana this weekend to help him move. We did this last summer too, except last time my car, Penelope, broke down up there. Hopefully that will not happen this time. But we will be getting Culver's on the way there and back again. Mmm.

Getting lots of good doses of community these days. Merci.

Failing at learning French, but still trying.

Getting ready to move to Nashville!

We've been having lots of fun with the Myers-Briggs Personality types around here. I'm still an INFP, Gabe is an INFJ, and Carly is an INTJ. She will become a dictator, and Gabe and I will cry a lot, but I will remain hopeful. Ha ha.


There are still exciting things to look forward to:

16 days until the Midsummer's Night Ball/Opening of The School (so much DANCING! and I have a midnight blue ball gown for the occasion)
(Tree of Life is also opening that day)

24 days til U2 and Florence & the Machine in Nashville with Mom and Dad and Luke and Chels and Josh

53 days until I turn 25

61 days until the Decemberists at the Ryman with Gabe

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Was Jack White there with his pretty redheaded wifey?

Meiska said...

Afraid not, but I'm guessing that seeing the both of them together would be too intense for most people.

But he was there, just chatting with people. We were all so excited!

Nicole said...

Well actually that doesn't surprise me because I'm afraid they've split. :(

Meiska said...

Sad! :(