Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Huguenot

 

(Aka: A Huguenot on St. Bartholomew's Day, Refusing to Sheild Himself from Danger by Wearing the Roman Catholic Badge by Sir John Everett Millais)

Millais is one of my favorite artists, so I decided to do a drawing today of his lovely painting.(The painting is far superior, she looks so sad in the painting.)I would have put it on MOS, but we're having a masque, if you haven't visited you should!


This also marks a momentous occasion in my life: I know how to scan! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

tess said...

Awesome job!

Andrew Price said...

Yoo HOO! Horray for working scanners!

Great picture too, of course. It inspires me to get off the computer and do some grand thing or other; maybe I will. Happy New Year!

Andrew Price said...

Ah! This is by the same guy who did the "Blue Girl Stretching" painting... It's all coming together.

Meiska said...

Thanks Tessie dear! Miss you!

Happy (late) New Year to you too Foolish KNight! The Blue Girl Stretching is 'Marianna' and it is by the very same artist, in all of his great-ness! Are you suprised to hear that he is a Pre-Raphaelite?

Josh-u-wa-wa (or should I say Napolean Lightyear): Thanks! You know some of us have an art blog? You should see it, there is a link to it somewhere around here.

Queen Mum said...

I must say, I taught that piece of non-working-piece-of-crud, uh, I mean nice scanner a thing or two! Yes, it now works! I will rule the world (of scanners that is).

Queen Mum said...

Oh, and also, nice tights on the guy. Hee Hee