Monday, November 14, 2005

Random Rainy Recollections

You're a painting with symbols deep, a symphony
soft as it shifts from dark beneath
A poem that flows, caressing my skin
in all of these things you reside and I
want you flow from the pen, bow and brush
with paper and string, and canvas tight
with ink in the air, to dust your light?
From morning to the black of night

This is my call I belong to You
This is my call to sing the melodies of You
This is my call I can do nothing else
I can do nothing else

You're the scent of an unfound bloom
a simple tune
I only write variations to sooth the mood
A drink that will knock me down to the floor,
a key that will unlock the door
where I hear a voice sing familiar themes,
then beckons me weave notes in between
a tap and a string, a bow and a glass
you pour me till the day has passed....

This is my call I belong to You
This is my call to sing the melodies of You
This is my call I can do nothing else
I can do nothing else

'Melody of You' Sixpence None the Richer (I really like this song. Alot.)

Today has been a very rainy day, here at the bustling (ha) campus. This, of course, is great news if you were me, which you are not, and may be glad of it! So anyway, I'm so very excited because it is a gloomy day, which tends to make me feel overtly 'poetical', if you will. So I'm sitting here in my freshly re-upholstered (hey it only took me like 3 months) chair with the lights out except for my softly glowing lamp, typing away. Now, I realize there is nothing 'poetical' about a computer, but here I am anyway.
So I have decided to write/illustrate a new story for my niece, Princess Sparkle Puff, or maybe I should finish that other one, or read the rest of that William Morris book I checked out, or stare out the window imagining that I'm really being held captive in a tower, or take a nap (how's that for creative!?), or go to the post office, hmm... Well, I guess I haven't quite 'decided' after all! I suppose what I mean to say is that when it rains one doesn't go outside (Well, not normally. Why, just the other day I went out to parade about in the rain with my umbrella! But that doesn't happen unless I'm feeling especially bizarre or am looking at waterfalls), so I can stay inside and think without a sunny day beckoning me to read outside. Maybe none of this makes sense, it's just really hard to say what I mean. I love rain!
I think I've decided: I'm going to imagine. I simply cannot resist, with the wind blowing ever so... so...passionately! (Trust me, that is the perfect word. If you could see it you'd agree.) I'm inspired, so I must go.
But I really should go to the post office....

4 comments:

Meiska said...

Ha! You suppose?! Why of course they are!

Anna E. P. said...

Raining days are some of the best. To me they offer higher things or deeper things. Or softer things. Do you feel what I mean? B.T.W. Make sure to go to the post office soon.

Queen Mum said...

I thank you for sharing a part of your life with us. Yes, that is a cool song. Love you

Meiska said...

My visit to the post office was quite fruitful today, Midsummer. i guess that means you should go to your side door soon!