Monday, November 29, 2004

Ello!

Did you ever notice how um, unusual, the cars of the late 70's and 80's are??They are all boxy and well, 80's!To imagine (I feel a song coming on!) that people actually liked them, and purchased them! Will our children look back on some of the cars we think are awesome with disgust? My mom loves the 1980's 300ZX (nissan).Probably because that was the car that she and my dad had when they were married in 1982.Maybe the car is a link to the good old days of freedom? I mean the car only had two seats! Whatever the emotional attachment, I still think it's ugly. ( I hate 80's cars with the exception of the Voltswagens,especially the buses)( that was directed at Joel!)

2 comments:

Eucharisto said...

Oh yeah, my Dad had a 1984 Toyota Tercel 4WD Wagon. Not pretty or pleasing to the eyes, in any way besides nostalgic value for my dad. Though, I have to say that thing could go anywhere. And the ironic thing (funny story here) was we traded it in almost a decade ago for a van, and while we were in CA in Disneyland last January, someone called us to tell us that we had a Toyota on an abandoned lot, and if we didn't move it, we would be charged $300 a day for impound fees. Turns out that the car salesman who we sold it to didn't change the title over to the new owner (his son), so we had owned a Toyota for 10 years, and didn't even know it. Anyway, not to get off of the main point, yep, those 80's people hadn't yet learned of cars that are more than boxes on wheels. Although, that microbus is pretty cool...

Eucharisto said...

Wow, I just left a *REEAALLY* long post. I didn't know I was so long-winded.