Tuesday, November 01, 2011

October

I spent the last half of October in the hospital, and then at home in bed, with a really rare, really bizarre virus that causes one to feel as if they are experiencing late stage rheumatoid arthritis (which was pretty freaky considering I'm only 25 and very healthy). Painful is an understatement. At first I couldn't use my ankles and wrists much, and then it started to affect my elbows and knees. Thankfully most of the pain is gone now. (UPDATE 3.5.12: my follow up appointments have revealed that the doctors think that I probably actually had rheumatic fever. Leave it to me to get a 19th century sickness.)

I can't wait to be back at work and normal life, and I'm much better than when it started, but now I have a cold on top of everything. I must need downtime. Or something.

I rode with my parents up into the wilds of Kentucky one day to visit my mother's aunt. Here are some blurry pictures I took in a medicated state from the back of a van:






I've missed Kentucky. The only glimpses I get of it are when my brother and I drive our friend up to Indiana University.

No comments: