Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some excellent things for me to anticipate . . .

18 days until my best friend Bethany gets married. I'll be the maid of honor in the green gown.

30 days until I get to go to Memphis, a city I love, to see Arcade Fire in a Turn-of-the-Century Opera House with that person who is always willing to travel to concerts with me: Josh. I will introduce him to the Heartland Hill.

46 days until my baby brothers graduate from Belmont. Bio-Chemistry and Molecular Biology for Luke, and Art and Religion and the Arts for Gabe.

53 days until my good friends' wedding. I illustrated their invites.

61 days until Gabe and I finally meet up with Over the Rhine.

66 days until my baby-est of brothers, Luke, marries the greatest girl in the world, Chelsey.

98 days until I stand under the stars in the best city ever with some of my favorite people ever watching my favorite band ever: U2 at Vanderbilt's tiny stadium with Mom, Dad, Luke, Chelsey, and Josh.


I've been listening to City of Blinding Lights on repeat until it has excited my heart into my throat. Mercy. I'm out of control. And it's good for me to not be in control.

For now I'll have to be content to spend the evening with my brother getting Tuesday night special pizzas downtown and watching French films. Bonsoir.

No comments: