Monday, November 29, 2010

. . . is thankful.

It's funny how facebook effects how I want to title everything. I have the urge to make a third person statement about what I'm thinking/writing just like when I'm writing out a facebook status. While many people consider this practice to lead to serious narcissism, I think it helps me realize who I am in space and in relation to those around me.

On thanksgiving day I wrote this:


And thankful I am. I am loved. I have the ability to love. I have experienced and continue to experience grace every moment. I have an ever expanding family (which will include my new sister in law in June)that returns my love. I am able to see. And not just to see the 'beautiful', but that which is real and that which makes the beautiful valuable. I can hear the voices of my friends and loved ones. I can hear and delight in music. I breathe in air every moment and keep breathing. I have an income while so many do not (an even more exceptional fact when one notes that I am getting paid to illustrate). I have a somewhat reliable green vehicle. I have space to paint in. I have a community of friends in a city that I love. I have moonlight and stars. I have early mornings on the way to work watching the birds move South through the freshly colored sky. I have been given laughter. And tears. And delight that cannot be contained by a human body. I have abundant life.

No comments: