Friday, December 02, 2011



Last night I sat on the porch of my favorite coffee house in Nashville, reading some Byatt and sipping some coffee (a Mochahontas) while waiting for my brother to get finished with a meeting. I saw people sitting at the same table together, talking loudly about nothing to no one, and looking around to see who was there/who was watching them. It was strange. When I go there, I sit with my friends (there are ALWAYS people I know there, wonderful, wonderful people) and we talk to each other, we look at each other.


When Gabe was finished, we went inside and started talking about how good looking John Wilkes Booth was. Strange topic of conversation? Maybe, for most, but for us? No way.






Then we walked across the street and sat with some other friends for a while before making our way to the cabin to watch lots of Mad Men. By the time we got there, we were so tired that we only made it through one episode.

I'm not sure what my point is here, other than just feeling the need to send these words into space about the city.

No comments: