Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Walking in Memphis

I'm going to Memphis in two days to see Arcade Fire and to visit the Mississippi River, the Heartland Hill, and places of musical significance. I am excited in that quiet smile-to-yourself way. Memphis is always familiar and new.
Memphis is a strange thing; it is as double-minded as any human.

Me and Memphis: A history in pictures . . .

Me and the Court House in 2004. I was there with my parents looking at colleges.



In 2005-two days before I started my studies at Cumberland.



In 2007 with Tanya.




In 2010 with my brothers Gabe and Luke, Luke's fiance Chelsey, her sister Lyndsay, and Tanya and Caitlin. An amazing one-day Spring break trip in a 15 passenger bus filled with Starbuck's cups.





(I am a mermaid of the Mississippi)

No comments: