Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thoughts

Grad school is hanging rather ominously over my life right now. I just wish I knew where I am going for sure. Its funny how exciting not knowing can sometimes be, and how it sometimes can be a rather life-sucking feeling. I suppose it is my attitude about it. I just don't know.

The snow kissed my face all day yesterday, a million little freezing kisses, and the air stung the back of my neck, which is a pleasant feeling over-all. It reminds you that you are alive and can feel.

I was driving the other day and I got caught up in that feeling of whooshing by other people and their lives without giving any thought to them. I don't think I like driving at all, I'm convinced that it really does de-humanize you.

I saw an old map that featured the Island of California. I wonder if that map maker had ever even been to California. If he had, I'm sure that he would have noticed a particular lack of ocean between California and the rest of the United States. There were also sea monsters, but even they are more believable.

I get to be with my brothers and my friends tonight. I love them and pretty soon I won't get to see them very much at all, because I'll be far away, so I am savoring every last moment.

I miss the flowers and the leaves. Winter seems to be reigning extra long this year.

No comments: