Monday, January 28, 2008

Today

The Lord has been so good to me today (as usual, but just sometimes I happen to actually notice more than other days). He has showed me so much love and grace through my friends, through the clouds, through the opportnity to paint, and through His word. He is so much bigger than the things our minds try to confine Him to, and He has plans that are so much more amazing than our minds can hope to comprehend. How exciting!

I read this earlier, and it made me think of how we, sometimes unconsciously, confine God to a single building or one day of the week:

"Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? For all those things hath my hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but unto this man will I look, even unto him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word". Isaiah 66:1-2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite Bible verses.

Andrew Price said...

Good thoughts, friend. We should always take stock in what God has given (I hope I live my day like that today).

Anonymous said...

Meiska you inspire me! I so proud of who you are in the Lord and the relationship you maitain with others....You are such a true friend to everyone you know and meet, I love you dearest!


B