Monday, September 12, 2005

That would be Lukolas, Midsummer, Eucharisto , and myself in the Pacfic Ocean. Ahhhh. (I would be the insane one with a skirt on. Bad for freezing day, good for pictures.)

Today has been pretty interesting, here at school. Here is what we learned in Cultral Anthropology:

* In Japan, the Pepsi company recalled an ad campaign that said ' Come alive with the Pepsi generation'. Nothing wrong with that you may say, but if you could read it in Japanese, it would say: ' Pepsi makes your ancestors come back to life.'

* The same thing happened in China with Coca-Cola, which to them says: 'Bite the wax-filled tadpole'. Hmmm. Sounds tasty, ey?

* The GM motor co. found it hard to sell the 'Nova' in South and Latin American countries. Might that be because in Spainish 'Nova' means, 'won't go, run, or move'. Sounds dependable.

Dr. Heifner was trying to show us the importance of analyzing every aspect of a different culture when 'interacting' with it.

I also learned I have aHistory quiz Friday.

I just came back from 'Wizard of Oz' auditions. I was the only non-theater student he asked to read Dorothy. Don't think that's going to turn out, however. Why, you ask? Well, I was the tallest girl in the whole room, and Dorothy is a little girl. How would you like to watch a play where the little girl was taller than all the other womens roles, and some of the guys? I would rather be 'Glenda' the good witch, cause she has a poofy dress, and a wand, and she is tall.

10 comments:

Anna E. P. said...

I like the picture. That was a fun day. Oh, in a small European country they made a car and it's name translates as pity. Odd

Meiska said...

It was a great day! Yeah, I thought the thing with the cars was so weird. You would think they would work with someone from the country they were trying to market the product to.

Meiska said...

My costume?

Meiska said...

Yeah, I did get water in my face, and everywhere else for that matter! But it was fun!

Meiska said...

Wow, I got the part of 'Costume Designer'.

Meiska said...

NO, I didn't get a part in the play, as Glenda is a muntckin (?) in this version, am I cursed or what! But I'm really ok with that, because this is my first costuming job! WOO HOO!

Unknown said...

I didn't read anything, but the picture was enough happy memories.

Meiska said...

Gee thanks. I thought I cured your reading 'Allergies'!?!

Eucharisto said...

That brings back such fond memories. We all ought to do it again someday! Going to the pacific or the west coast is one of those things everyone should do with at least moderate regularity, if it's impossible to actually live there.

Anna E. P. said...

I did read the post. But I have to say that was such a lovely day. We must go agin, and to the cliff!! If the cliff was not where it was but still what it was I would try to live as close it as I could.