Friday, June 24, 2005

When you sell a man a book, you don't sell him 12 ounces of paper and ink and glue-you sell him a whole new life. Love and friendship and humor and ships at sea by night- there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book I mean.
Christopher Morley

A truly great book is a tale to the simple, a parable to the wise, and a direct revalation of reality to a man who has made it a part of his being.
John Middleton Murray

A good reader is one who has imagination, memory, a dictionary, and some artistic sense.
Vladmir Nabokov

Study for me has been the sovereign remedy against all the disappointments of life. I have never known any trouble that an hour's reading would not dissipate.
Baron De Montesquieu

A book is the only place where you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear of it going off in your face.
Edward P. Morgan

9 comments:

Meiska said...

Well, I DID have a title on that post, and what a stirring title it was, too. It was: Good Book Quotes
Curse the phsycopath who lost my emotionally charged title!

tess said...

Those are some sweet quotes!

crossblade said...

the quotes are wonderful
long time back
I used to visit
http://www.brainyquotes.com/
they've got a category for
christian quotes

Eriol said...

I'm blogging again, my first summer term is over two more to go. my summer vacation is two days long, anybody going to watch Monk?

Eucharisto said...

Cool quotes! Crossblade, I visit that site all the time! Really cool quotes.

Sky said...

sweet quotes yo!

crossblade said...

hey queen wassup
havent seen u post in a long time

Meiska said...

Sad, but true, Crossblade, I haven't seen me post for a long time either! But I have some free time and will soon!

Andrew Price said...

Amen, your Queen-ness, thanks for sharing the wealth!